How to find Upper Newton Farmhouse
Upper Newton Farm is an idyllic setting for workshops, but can be difficult to find! On the day of a workshop we put a big “Small Business Clinic” sign outside the gates to help you.
Upper Newton Farmhouse is on the outskirts of Kinnersley on the main road between Leominster and Hay-on-Wye. It lies about 12 miles west of Hereford just two miles from the Welsh border.
If you are coming from the Leominster direction (12 miles):
- Go through Kinnersley, passing Kinnersley Church and Castle.
- Signal right just as you reach the “derestricted” speed limit signs.
- The drive for the farmhouse is on the right just after this.
If you are coming from Hay-on-Wye (10 miles):
- Turn right at Parton turn, signposted to Leominster.
- Drive for two miles
- Turn left up the drive to the farmhouse just before the 50 mile an hour limit signs as you enter Kinnersley.
Go up the drive until you reach a bungalow on the left then continue through the farmyard. Once you are past the barns (and before you get to more fields) you will see some holiday cottages. There is an area to park in front of these.
Note: if you are using a SatNav it tries to take you up the back drive rather than the front. This drive is rather bumpy so please ignore your SatNav when you get near Kinnersley!
Our hosts are Pearl & Jon Taylor. The farm’s address and phone number, in case you get lost, is:Upper Newton Farmhouse, Kinnersley, Herefordshire, HR3 6QB 01544 327727