Workshops for new and established businesses
Catherine and Mandy preparing for the workshop at Upper Newton Farm
We hold workshops regularly in various locations around Worcestershire and Herefordshire.
You can find out more about our venues here.
Below is the timetable of workshops. Most workshops are booked through Eventbrite, but for some locations other booking methods are used. For the Eventbrite workshops, click on the image to get details for an workshop and to book. For the other workshops, we have provided links for booking. If you want to pay by cash or cheque, please contact us.
As well as our normal venues (see below), we are running our GDPR workshop at:
- Hay-on-Wye in March (2nd 10am). This workshop is being organised for us by Lizzie Harper. Please click here to book.
- Cleobury on 24th April. It is being run via the Cleobury Country Centre
WordPress Masterclass – Malvern, Worcestershire
WordPress is one of the most widely used website platforms. It is easy to use and there is a wide range of themes available to style your site and plugins to extend what it can do. The problem is selecting the correct one for your need and then configuring it to produce the effect you are looking to achieve.
For this masterclass, we assume that you are familiar with the WordPress (the dashboard and managing posts, pages and images) and look at the next step: extending your site functionality.
The masterclass will be split into two parts. In the first part, we will cover the most popular functions seen on modern websites with lots of tips and tricks to learn along the way:
- Choosing a slider plugin and understanding how to set it up (what do all those settings mean?)
- Adding a video
- Contact forms and keeping your information safe
- How to integrate with your social media
- Using and abusing Page Builders
- Events and calendars
- Managing users and keeping the site secure
- Selling goods or services on your site
After the break, we invite you to bring in your WordPress website questions:
- Would you like some feedback on how your site looks or works?
- Do you know what you want but not how to do it?
- Are you having problems setting up a plugin?
This will be a practical workshop, so bring a laptop or other device suitable for using with WordPress. We will provide access to a website that you can use to practice. If you have a website you would like advice on, please make sure you know the address and passwords! If you can tell us your question in advance, we will be in a better position to advise on the day.
Opens Space Rooms has ample parking space. Refreshments will be provided.